Save the Date!
The 2018 ServeNebraska
Step Forward Awards
Friday, October 26, 2018
At the Quarry Oaks Golf Club in Ashland, Nebraska
Nomination Deadline: August 27, 2018
Every day, volunteers provide essential support in their communities. The ServeNebraska Step Forward Awards recognize these outstanding people and groups for their time and service. Award winners and finalists are selected by the governor in tribute to the significant contributions made within the state through volunteerism.
Nominations may be made in one of 10 categories.
- Adult Volunteer: An individual aged 19 or over who has demonstrated outstanding volunteer service.
- Youth Volunteer Leadership: An individual 18 or younger who has demonstrated outstanding volunteer service. This individual may hold leadership roles in student organizations, student councils or student service clubs where they have demonstrated exemplary leadership skills.
- Senior Volunteer: Individuals 65 or older who are taking action to make their community a better place. These individual share their many years of experience and are role models for others to serve and volunteer.
- Volunteer Group: A group of volunteers who have served together on a common project that has impacted their community. The nominees in this category strive to make communities better places to live through a variety of activities or by focusing on one issue of primary importance in their community.
- Corporate Community Volunteer: Corporations and businesses that excel in community involvement and demonstrate excellent corporate citizenship by giving back to their community in a variety of ways.
- National Service: An individual or group currently serving in a national service program in Nebraska. This individual or group demonstrates outstanding effort to increase the quality of life in one or more communities in our state. Nominees may be serving through AmeriCorps, VISTA, Senior Corps (Foster Grandparents, Senior Companions, and RSVP) or Social Innovation Fund.
- Veteran Volunteer: An individual who served honorably on active duty in the armed forces of the United States and has demonstrated outstanding volunteer service during and after active duty.
- Disaster Volunteer: An individual or group that has demonstrated exceptional commitment to volunteerism by helping with a special project or ongoing activities, in preparation for or during times of disaster.
- Community Media Partner: A media outlet that excels in the community through involvement and which demonstrates excellent community support by giving back to the community in various and creative ways.
- Lifetime Achievement: An individual who demonstrates a lifelong commitment to community involvement and volunteer service. This individual has taken volunteer service to the highest level and has shown a tremendous passion for helping others, and is highly regarded for making a tremendous impact in the community or the state.
To nominate an individual or group, you'll need complete contact information for that individual or group and abbreviated contact information for three references (e-mail and phone).
For questions or if you have any issues submitting a nomination, please contact Kerry Fina.
Learn more about past award recipients below.Nominate Now