For more than 20 years, AmeriCorps members have helped communities across the nation address some of their most challenging problems. AmeriCorps engages more than 80,000 Americans in intensive service each year at 21,600 unique sites including nonprofits, schools, public agencies, and community & faith based groups across the county. One million AmeriCorps members have contributed more than 1.4 billion hours of service across America. Joining AmeriCorps is your chance to put your ideals into action while learning new skills and making new connections that will last you a lifetime.
What is AmeriCorps
Become an AmeriCorps member and…
- Contribute to lasting change in the community where you serve
- Gain the satisfaction of knowing you are helping others
- Develop new skills & experiences
- Receive outstanding training & professional development
- Work alongside committed passionate people
- Earn money for college or repay student loans
- Make life-long friends
- Learn to be a leader
Other Benefits include:
- A modest living allowance
- Basic health insurance coverage for full-time members
- Childcare assistance - full-time members may qualify
- Deferment of student loans while in service
- Be a U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien
- Be at least 17 years old
- Have high school diploma, GED or commit to earning a GED while serving. Different programs may have different educational requirements.
- Be able to pass a criminal history check – not having committed murder or an offense which requires you be listed on an offender registry. Different programs may have different standards.
- Nebraska AmeriCorps programs
- AmeriCorps Opportunities
- Service Year Opportunities
- AmeriCorps throughout America
- AmeriCorps*VISTA and build the capacity of communities and organizations to combat poverty
- AmeriCorps NCCC (National Civilian Community Corps) for those age18-24 wanting a full-time residential experience
- Unsure? Let AmeriCorps help you find the right program with the interactive program selector.
For More Information Contact: